Stainless steel pins, cylindrical in shape. This media is magnetic which makes it possible to pickup with a magnet. 5 lbs of media is all you need for 15 lb capacity thumler's tumbler. This stainless steel media is designed to work best for polishing brass, but will work with many other applications. Pins will pass through the flash holes and it cleans the primer pockets like new! Won't work-harden brass. Pins don't wear out so they will never need to be replaced. This media will work for ALL case sizes. You need a hexagon style drum. Will NOT work in Vibratory Style systems.
The media size is .047"x.255". This will work for all caliber sizes and it will clean the primer pockets the best.
- new to tumbling... Review by dave
- I have never tumbled brass,ive always used 0000 steel wool to clean my cases. Ive have a buddy that bought a rebel 17 and after seeing his brass after tumbling i was instantly sold. I came straight home and ordered the deluxe kit,that was on 12/22/14 i received the tumbler on 12/26/14 and ran some 15x fired nosler 300 win mag brass for 4hrs. The outsides looked brand new and the insides only had a slight brownish tent and the primer pockets were like new as well. I am VERY impressed with this tumbler,VERY well built heavy duty unit and should last a life time. Also VERY impressed with the customer service from STM. I highly recommed STM,their tumblers may cost a little more but like the old saying...buy once cry once!! Keep up the good work and fantastic customer service guys,thanks Dave. (Posted on 12/28/14)
- Best media I've found. Impressed! Review by SinnersNITEMARE
- I have just gotten into reloading and I am more than impressed at their amazing, but silent customer service. I order two 2lb bags because of a sale going on and received the 5lb bag in their place. One free pound with quick shipping. Great packaging on the product with directions on it. I will be recommending this company for sure. (Posted on 6/19/14)
- Cleans brass like new Review by Rich M
- I purchased the new complete Rebel tumbler package in February 2014. I have cleaned thousands of different calibers of brass 380 ACP, 9 mm, 40 S&W, .38 Special, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .223/5.56, and .308 Winchester. They all clean up like new. The primer pockets shine. It does not take long to dry the cleaned brass after I dip it in 91% Isopropyl alcohol for a couple of minutes. The water and alcohol combine and it speeds up evaporation. I have tried many different brass cleaning approaches over 35 years of reloading and none are as easy and quick as tumbling with stainless steel media. This product has saved me a lot of time while improving the quality of my reloaded ammo. (Posted on 4/16/14)
- The best Review by DRNash
- I've been reloading for 44 years and tried all the known, common methods of cleaning brass always with marginal results and never getting primer pockets clean. I was dubious when I saw the information about the stainless steel media process but like so many here I was totally amazed. It makes the brass - and primer pockets - look like new. I'll never go back to other methods. (Posted on 3/8/14)
- The BEST Media - AAAAA+ Review by Rich B
- I have been reloading for over 40 years and have been through vibratory tumblers early on and transitioned to rotary tumblers 30 years ago. I have tried every media known to man....finally my search for the perfect media has stopped. This is by far the absolute best, i am sorry that it took so long for me to find... (Posted on 12/21/13)
- best darn stuff I've found Review by Rooster
I've only been reloading for 35 yrs. Tried steel wool, Chemical dips, treated walnut, corn cob with and without polish, ceramic balls and cylinders to clean cases. This stuff beats it all BIG TIME and is faster using nothing but water, soap, and a little dish powder!
Oh, and the customer service? These guys beat 99% of the companies that I deal with. I'm ordering more so I can use it in my other rotary tumbler too. (Posted on 3/16/13)
- Cat's Meow Review by R. Moore
- I received my tumbler and put it to the test. Let me tell you...this is the cat's meow if there was ever such a thing! This tumbler does EXACTLY what it's suppose to do. The primer pockets come out spotless and the entire shell looks like brand new. I compared them to new brass I have....can't tell the difference! This is by far the best money I have ever spent on a tumbler. It's no surprise you guys can't keep these things in stock. Thanks again for such a killer product! (Posted on 3/4/13)
- Recommend to everyone Review by minerwelder
- Picked up media and lemi-shine on friday from store in orem, got home monday cleaned 3 loads of rifle brass 1 load of pistol in the min. times they came out looking like new from store brass, the primer pockets had a little residue in them if I would have run to max time they probably would have been completely clean, This is the best brass cleaner I've every used! (Posted on 11/22/12)
- Old Dog Learned New Trick: Review by petcelman
- I thought I had seen it all when it comes to cleaning used brass. This system is absolutely the best! About the only difference is that you can't reload the brass immediately. You need to let everything dry. I live in the desert so it doesn't take long. The difference in the brass is unbelievable! Another thing is that super clean brass takes far less case lube to size AND it takes far less pressure to squeeze the brass down to size. This is the best I have ever used! (Posted on 8/24/12)
- Best way to clen brass yet! Review by President100
- I have used walnut, corn cob and ultrasonic. NONE of them even come close to the SS media clean. Especially happy with the primer pockets! 4 Hrs usually does the trick, some really bad cases take a little longer. (Posted on 2/16/12)
- Best I've Ever Used Review by Ironshootr
- I've been shooting and reloading for a little over 41 years - cleaning brass was almost an art - this setup is the best I've used, especially when it gets the primer pockets clean saving me that extra aggravating, tedious job. I've tried about everything on the market including some odd media types, but this system works beautifully. I look forward to many years of clean brass. (Posted on 2/7/12)
- Stainless Tumbling Media Review by Bartsalyer
This works great... I have not used vibrators or other media; but I was impressed with this media and how it works great. I did take other reviews into consideration. Ran a load just media alone and cleaned. Then ran loads with ought six, 45 acp, 223 with great results. As good as new. I did use the shine in each batch so I can not tell how works alone. I also put the dash of dish washing liquid soap as recommendations.
Also a little obsessive, I ran 50 12 ga shot shells for 1.5 hours and they came out amazingly clean and no damage...
Looks great and earns the respect reloading deserves.
(Posted on 11/27/11)
- Best system I've found Review by John W
- Simple to use and near-perfect results in about 4 hours time. Just follow the enclosed instructions. Brass looks like new inside and out. (Posted on 3/24/11)
- Couldn't be happier Review by Joey Mishap
- I couldn't be happier with the results..had I known about doing this 15 years ago..I would have got this set up them (Posted on 2/14/11)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $39.95
Special Price: $29.95