All New Heavy Duty Tumbler. This tumbler is comparable to Thumler's Tumbler Model B High Speed. It is the best way to go for clean brass with stainless steel media. The total capacity of this unit is 17 lbs. It comes with a High Speed 3000rpm motor with convenient on/off switch and dual mounting brackets. Heavy duty steel hexagon barrel that is powder coated both inside and out with a thick rubber liner. This unit is very quiet and durable. It has a heavy duty base with large 1/2" solid shafts rolling on high quality ball bearings. International model is available in 230/240V. UPC# 852667634896
The base measures: 11.5" Wide, 13" Long, and sits 11" tall with drum.
The drum measures: 9" diameter with hexagon shaped drum with opening 7.5", length of drum is 8.5"
3 year warranty on unit and 1 year warranty on motor.
The drum is the same size as the Thumler's Tumbler Model B. The Rebel 17 can hold more due to the larger ball-bearing shafts. The drum and motor for the Thumler's Tumbler will work with this unit. Visit our Replacement Parts or click here.
- Outstanding product Review by Sonoutlaw
I just cleaned two batches of 5.56 brass and it got the brass cleaner in 1 1/2 hours then over night in me vibrating case cleaner in fact I never have had brass this clean
Then I tried nickel plated brass and it turned a dark gray color so I contacted the crew here at STM and they got right back with a solution the nickel plated brass is now shiny and clean ( the problem was my doing I used the wrong case lube) and by the way that is in the instructions!!
Great equipment and great support
Sonoutlaw (Posted on 2/13/2017)
- Nice product but purchase more belts Review by Roy
This is a well made unit and it gets brass very clean. I've stopped using my shaker and have used the walnut shell cleaning media I had as kitty litter (it works well). However, if you purchase this unit, order spare belts or look to purchase a heavier unit. I am in the market for a larger unit but will keep using this one.
In addition to cleaning smaller brass (308, 223, 38, S&W 460, 270 WSM and 45 acp), I clean 300 RUM and 338 LM. I have now broken a few belts. I believe (this is just a theory at this point), that the number of belts you go through is proportional to the weight of the brass you are cleaning in the unit. Unfortunately, larger brass is heavier and I clean a lot of large brass. (Posted on 1/23/2017)
- Great Product Review by John
- This is one of the best products that I have purchased for reloading. It more than cuts my time in half. This is a huge time savings. I love it. (Posted on 1/3/2017)
- Tumble Time Required Review by EW
- This is an awesome tumbler! I will say its been my experience that only 1 hour of tumble time is all that is required for my 9mm range brass to be spotless. (Posted on 12/21/2016)
- No Bull Review by Ken
- Just finished my first load of .45 acp. The result is amazing. I followed the well written instructions and everything came out better than I expected. The machine is quiet. No leaks! It runs smoothly. Three hours of tumbling gave me a product that I had to show to all of the family, we were all amazed at how clean and bright the brass was. No Bull about how well this thing works. A good investment! (Posted on 8/7/2016)
- Rebel 17 tumbler - WOW! Review by Barry
I've been reloading now for about 25 years. My old vibratory brass cleaner finally died and I started reading about new ones.
I had heard about stainless steel pin tumbling but didn't know anything about it until I watched some you-tube videos. That part of the decision was a no-brainer. I definitely was going this route.
After reading several reviews on the Rebel 17, I decided that this was the one for me. Being powder coated inside and out, heavy duty everything, sealed bearings, and all the great reviews.... I couldn't wait for mine to arrive.
All I can say is WOW! This thing is amazing. I've only had it a week but I've done three different loads of brass. I have NEVER seen better looking brass. My son in law (reloading partner) is as impressed as I am. Thanks for making such a great unit! (Posted on 7/13/2016)
- Rebel 17 IS AWESOME!! A MUST HAVE IF YOU RELOAD! Review by Jamie
- I have had the Rebel 17 for apx 1 year now and I dont know why it took me so long to buy one. I normally do a 1st cleaning with corn cob media, then after depriming/sizing I put them in my Rebel 17 and let them go for apx 4hrs. They come out looking better than what you buy new at the stores. (Posted on 1/5/2016)
- Great product support and add Fun Review by RandyR
I've been using the Extreme Tumblers Rebel 17 for almost 10 months and will never go back to corn cob or walnut shells. It makes cleaning brass almost fun, other shooters at the range think I'm using brand new brass and are amazed its reloaded brass. Usually it only takes 1-1./2 hours to make the brass look new. No digging cleaning media out of the primer or flash holes.
Had a warrantee problem and it was covered completely, parts were sent I believe the same day and arrived in about three days. Had my unit up and running again in an hour. Thank you STM and company!!!! (Posted on 9/11/2015)
- Great tumbler Review by Wynn
I have been using this tumbler for two years now. It is so well made I expect to be using it for the rest of my days. All my brass looks like new. Over 75,000 pieces cleaned so far. Still using the original belt and lid gasket, although I did purchase a replacements when I originally ordered. You have to make sure the pulleys are lined up straight if you want your belts to last. I am a real customer and anyone can check out my brass if they would like.
P.S. Yea, it is a weird name but somebody had to be stuck with it. (Posted on 8/27/2015)
- great product Review by Andy
When i got this kit the drum was slightly bent and it wobbled on the motor. but i could not wait to use it .
So i tried it any how. o my gosh does this thing clean.
No more corn cob media for me. (Posted on 7/25/2015)
- Best Tumbler with reasonable care Review by Richard
I purchased the Rebel 17 when it first came out and experienced some of the learning “annoyances” that have been described.
After I had replaced a couple of drive belts & repaired the rubber drive bar………it dawned on me to reduce the weight of the tumbler.
I leave the water level down about 2” from the rim………and put about 2 lbs of brass in at a time.
Since then, I have NOT changed the drive belt and only have minor wear on the rubber bar.
If you want clean brass…………..here are some tips. Deprime the brass if you want CLEAN primer pockets. Add water, ¼ teaspoon “Lemishine” & liquid Tide. (I used Tide because it was handy)
Run the tumbler at least 4 hours. (longer for really dirty brass)
Then I take the bucket out in the driveway and pour off most of the water (without loosing the pins) Then, using the garden hose I fill the container about half way and using a rubber glove………agitate the contents. Pour off the water and repeat several times.
If you don’t use a glove, the pins are going to end up under your fingernails.
After a through rinse, pour the contents into the “media separator” and rotate until the pins are in the bottom.
NOW……..take 3 or 4 sheets of “shop grade paper towel” and put them in the basket with the brass and ROCK the basket back & forth for about a minute.
Remove the paper towel and hang it on a broom stick to dry & reuse.
The brass will be at least 80% DRY. Lay it on a pan in the sun…………OR on a towel in front of a frost free refrigerator. (on the floor)
Store your clean/dry brass in one quart “zip-lock” bags (or some kind of airtight container)
Customer service is second to none……………and they have all the parts……….if you didn’t follow my instructions !!
(Posted on 7/21/2015)
- good case cleaner Review by wayne
i bought this tumbler on 9/2/14 it worked pretty sweet so i started running all my spent brass through it. on 11/10/14 i blew the drive belt, after about 10,000. cases. in February all the shaft rubbers were wore out. and at that time they were not available. so i improvised some.
since that time i have used 2 more belts, and am now ordering the shaft kits.
all in all, i really use this machine. according to my records that machine has cleaned about 52,000. cases. they are "new clean" when they come out. my reload material supplier says he doesn't know any 3 guys that reload as much as i do. and he now carries the rebel 17 on my recommendation. if you are reloading under 10,000. cases a month i highly recommend this tumbler. (Posted on 5/24/2015)
- Very well built base unit Review by Roger
- I have been using a Thumblers tumbler for close to 10 years now, 6-7 years with stainless media. Best way I have ever used to clean any brass. I've used it all, walnut shell, corn cob, ceramic. The stainless steel pins are the very best way to get your brass looking new, every time! I was very surprised when a friend of mine pointed this product out to me last week. I was in the process of buying a second Thumblers model (I clean a lot of brass). I ordered this on Friday and it showed up on my door step by Wednesday. I immediately assembled and ran 150 brass pieces through to break in the steel pins and clean up the media. After 6 hours I flushed and added new cleaning soap and just enough water to cover my brass by 1 inch, I ran it over night and my brass is, as usual, like new brass. I love the very sturdy built base unit and the fact it has adjustable feet is a plus in keeping it level. The base unit is what sold me on this unit alone. That was the only beef I had with the Thumblers unit poor quality base unit. I can't complain about it though as it still runs great after 10 years of very heavy use. I know the Rebel 17 will out last me at 64 yes old, hell the Thumblers may out last me as well. I would recommend this product to anyone serious about cleaning their brass between reloads, only negative I would have is it's not made in the U.S.A. but then nothing much is anymore! Great Tumbler, thanks guys for a product I will put to thorough use! (Posted on 5/21/2015)
- Fantastic product. Great Customer Service Review by Emerson
- Prior to the Rebel 17, I was using a Harbor Freight rock tumbler, dual drums. It did a fine job, and was cost effective, but very limited in the amount of brass you could do (6 lbs total weight, 3 lbs per drum, which after the water and 1 lb tumbling media, gave you 1 lb per drum of brass, which isn't much...) I got the Rebel 17 in the mail the other day and all I can say is WOW. Super well built, solid construction, fairly quiet operation, and it can handle large amounts of brass! Great product, love the powder coating, durability and smoothness of the sealed roller rods, and heavy duty motor. Well worth the money! Cleans brass like there's no tomorrow... (Posted on 5/10/2015)
- Positive experience and results with the Rebel 17 tumbler Review by Red Dog Reloading, LLC
I purchased a new Rebel 17 tumbler from STM a few weeks ago and have already processed about 5000 rounds of once fired pistol and rifle brass for customers and my reloading business. With the recommendation of STM to first decap the brass, I find the primer pockets are are also cleaned during the tumblingl. The brass cleans and polishes as factory new, as well as inside the cases. I placed a second order from the STM media separator which works well.
I have received very good comments on the reloads I have been preparing for customers and from friends who have seen the cleaning results.
I have already recommended this product to a fellow reloading business and to a supplier of cartridge brass.
I am using the STM for reloading in my FFL licensed busines.
Based on my experience, I think the comments from "Bullish" insinuating that STM is writing the product reviews, is just plain Bull S**T!
Trout Lake, WA (Posted on 5/2/2015)
- Worth every penny! Review by Michael
- I have owned quite a few tumblers, and this is by far the best one. I go shooting on public land and sometimes i run across brass that has been out in the elements for a while. This tumbler makes even the most weathered pieces look new. It took some time to make the jump from the dry tumbling to wet tumbling, but I wish I would have done it sooner. My competition brass looks better than new, even after it has been used miltiple times. Thanks STM for the great product. (Posted on 4/15/2015)
- These reviews seem like fakes Review by I-Call-Bullsh
Does anyone else think these reviews are fakes? They seem to be written all by the same person. There are lots of clues to this, writing style, punctuation, same types of grammatical mistakes. Look at the two posts back to back both saying they purchased 1 year prior, and now conveniently both have come back to post at the same time a review?
While this product might be great, it really sucks that the website owners have resorted to posting fake reviews. How many times have you seen 20+ reviews and not a single negative one? It doesn't happen, even for the absolute best products, there are always some that won't be happy.
Editor's note: We'd like to know who posted this since they didn't feel man enough to put their name. We don't have time post fake reviews and I'm sorry you feel they are fake but they all are 100% true from customers. We pride ourselves in standing behind our products, correcting any issues or errors, and solving any problems. We don't have "negative" reviews because our customers can contact us by email or phone and we actually respond. (Posted on 4/7/2015)
- A must have for any reloader! Review by Dustin
Just purchased this unit last week and have already ran about 4 batches! Excellent unit! It cleans my brass to like new condition. Even the primer pockets get clean!
The first batch I ran for about 45 minutes and that was enough to get most of the grime off the cases, it takes a bit longer to get the primer pockets fully cleaned out. Currently I've got it hooked up to an automatic christmas light timer so the unit starts and stops by itself while I'm doing other things. (Posted on 3/22/2015)
- Sould be product of the year!!! Review by Jerry F.
- I could not believe how well this worked after years of vibratory machines. No - dust, media stuck in flash holes, reruns! Hot water, 1 tsp. Dawn 3x, 1/8 tsp. Lemi-Shine, 3 hrs. rinse in cold water and dry, simple. Do watch the different grades of Dawn as the stronger will take much more time to rinse. I did over 2500 cases my first week from 223 to 7mm mags. STM customer service is the best I've ever delt with, super service. Rebel 17 is the perfect tumbler. (Posted on 2/23/2015)
- Top Notch Customer Service Review by Ernie
I received my tumbler a couple of weeks ago and immediately assembled it. As soon as the weather cleared up I started to use it, I got a little water leakage but tightened down the lid better. That seemed to cure it. The next few times I used it I got a little leakage but did not give it much thought.
When I finally removed the rubber sleeve I found a crack in the bottom. It was almost impossible to see when the sleeve was in the drum. I quickly contacted STM through their customer contact page. Within a couple of hours I had a response saying that a replacement sleeve would be shipped out the next day. The only request they made was that I email a photo of the damage which I did the next day. That same day I got a notice that the part had shipped UPS Priority.
I don't see how customer service could be any more responsive. I rate companies by how the respond to problems. STM is top notch.
The problem notwithstanding I am very happy with the results of using the product. I was also very pleased to find that the brass capacity of the unit was 4 lbs. rather than 2 lbs. No, I didn't read the description. A happy surprise. (Posted on 2/13/2015)
- I Really Thought my Brass was Clean Review by Doctor Bill
I had been using an old style vibrating cleaner, or "worm caller" (the movie Tremors) for years and had thought I was getting the brass pretty clean. The first batch of 45 Colt brass run through my Rebel 17 was a real eye opener. It made the Exxon Valdez spill look like a spring runoff from an alpine meadow. Now, this was brass used for black powder loads so that must have been the reason, I thought to myself. Nope, the 45 ACP brass which had been loaded with Red Dot was almost as bad.
Needless to say, the old worm caller has not yodeled up a single graboid into the basement since I bought the Rebel 17, The brass has never been cleaner and the basement walls don't get broken nearly as often as they used to. It really is quieter, faster, and better than my old cleaner. (Posted on 1/8/2015)
- Best buy of the year! Review by RJM
- I bought this tumbler last March (2014). This was the best $$$ spent! I have run thousands of shells through it and it still works like new. Spend the money and you will never look back! Thanks for such a great product! (Posted on 1/1/2015)
- Owned for 1 year and Performing Well Review by Duncan
- I have owned the Model 17 for 1 year now and its still going strong. No issues at all, no replacement parts needed. During the past year I have cleaned approx 8K rounds of 223 and approx 15K rounds of 9mm. Great product. (Posted on 12/25/2014)
- Should have bought this first Review by Reload dude
If you're serious about reloading this is a must have! I cleaned 2500 9mm and 2100 45 brass in 2 days. The brass is cleaned inside and out, like new. That would have been 2 weeks with my vibrator.
There is virtually no cost. Some Lemi shine and Dawn.
No question, I'll give it 5 stars. (Posted on 12/14/2014)
- Great clean, But starts to tarnish instantly while Review by Aaron
- Awesome clean, looks brand new, just like the day it was made and polished, But Im on my 4th load and have cleaned the media with simple green 2x and still get the same result, its tooo clean and Im not so sure Im sold on the tarnish inhibitor, as soon as i set the brass out to dry it starts to tarnish and looses all the lust the tumble achieved, But its clean every nook and cranny just wish there was SOMETHING I COULD ADD TO THE CYCLE OF CLEANING TO PREVENT THE TARNISH (STM - comment: that is why we sell the tarnish inhibitor, some brass will tarnish immediately is certain climates) (Posted on 10/31/2014)
- The best thing since sliced bread. Review by Nitro Express
Having read many reviews on this process I though that I should give it a go, having used every other method of cleaning my big, expensive cases, and been less than impressed. Having now tried this system there is no going back to the old ways, my cases look like new, even blackpowder cases come out looking sparkling, I have to say that one essential ingredient is the Lemishine, without this they are just clean, with it, or Citric Acid, they look new.
I must also mention the very professional and efficient service that STM provide, they have been patient and quick reacting on all of my many enquiries on this process, they are, quite frankly the very best company I have ever used in USA. Long may they thrive.
(Posted on 10/21/2014)
- Good product - does what its advertised to do! Review by Steve
- Ordered Rebel 17 deluxe kit 9/9/14 - came in mail today 9/16/14. Easy to put together - 10 minutes max. Cleaned ss media with Dawn dishwashing soap for 30 minutes, then ran 300 de-primed cases (200 45ACP and 100 38 Spl) for 2:45 minutes. Cases came out clean an bright. Primer pockets and inside of cases were as clean as outside of cases. Used a sonic cleaner prior - doesn't hold a candle to the Rebel 17. I live in Georgia where it is hot and humid - consequently my cases began to tarnish. Going to try the tarnish inhibitor - hope it works as well as the Rebel 17. Only suggestion to STM is to offer a complete kit that also includes the brass tarnish inhibitor and brass dryer. (Posted on 9/16/2014)
- Why did I wait ! Review by Gordie57
Fast shipping & excellent packaging with clear instructions ! I have a Lyman turbo which is fine but I didn't like all the dust or residue on the cases, so, I bought the Lyman ultrasonic 6000. It does a good job on gun parts, case cleaning is better than media tumbling but it doesn't do a great job on primer pockets or the inside of cases.
The Rebel is really unbelievable ! I reload a lot of 223 & 308 and the cases are cleaner than new. I wish I had found it several hundred $$ ago. So worth the price.
Thanks STM for a truly awesome product. (Posted on 8/21/2014)
- Must Have Review by wmike24
- This is the ticket. I have cleaned 3,000 pieces already, not a hicup. (Posted on 8/18/2014)
- What are you waiting for?!!! Review by Truckr68
- This is a must have! HEAVY DUTY! And cleans your brass like nothing else. I was amazed the first time I used it. I will never go back to the old school corn cob/walnut media... Do yourself a favor and get one!! YOU WILL LOVE IT! (Posted on 6/14/2014)
- Clean Brass Review by Pete
This is the best for brass.
All my shooting buddies are trying to get me to do theirs.
I tell them to "Go to STM".
I use sunlight and it works great. (Posted on 5/14/2014)
- Solid Review by JB
- The construction of this tumbler is far superior, and should out live your great grand children. (Posted on 5/14/2014)
- Best Buy!! Review by Hans
- The best thing to clean brass! I do not use my vibratory tumbler or the ultrasonic cleaner anymore. No dirty primer pockets, easy to inspect for cracks and other damages and nearly no cost for media. Quicker also. I am fully satisfied. Only drawback is that some friends now want me to clean their brass. (Posted on 5/14/2014)
- Why Did I wait So Long? Review by AnotherMadHatter
- The unit arrived just two days ago and I am running ten batches a day after work (2 hours each in the tumbler) to process all of my brass I have. This thing is awesome. It cleans like no dry media can. I use the instructions that came with the machine and my brass has never been as clean as it is when it comes out of the tumbler. I definitely like the heavy duty roller and pillow blocks for the bearings. (Posted on 4/4/2014)
- Well worth it. Review by Shawn
Ever since I saw my brothers Thumler Model B, I wanted one. I read a lot of reviews and saw a lot of videos too. There were some concerns expressed by several reviewers. The motor support, or lack of support, allowed some vibration. Rust inside the drum due to the inside not being painted. Wingnuts and washers to fumble with on the drum lid. I saw the Extreme Rebel 17 on the STM web page and decided to get this model because all the nuts others posted were taken care of. Even pillow block bearings were added to increase the overall load rating. This is top notch. The wingnuts were changed out with knobs that have metal threaded inserts. A bracket on the rear of the motor totally eliminating vibration. The drum is powder coated inside and out. What was an impressive touch was the packaging for shipping. I had opted for the complete kit and it arrived in one large box. Inside there were two more boxes. No popcorn packing. Inside one of the two boxes contained yet another box that held the tumbler resting within a foam liner. The second box contained the media separator. No popcorn packing. I hate that stuff. Overall, this packaging was perfect. Nothing was damaged. It's too bad other manufactures don't read the reviews people post and implement changes they suggest. This tumbler was meant to last a lifetime. Good job STM and thank you.
Shawn, Nevada (Posted on 3/9/2014)
- This is a must have. Review by Jerry
I have been reloading for years and trying to get cases clean for years. This tumbler is outstanding and a must have. Follow the the directions and cases will come out looking better than some new cases I have purchased.
Don't be afraid to make the investment in your reloading equipment. This is a heavy duty tumbler. (Posted on 2/7/2014)
- Great machine! Review by TJB
- Received it today and just finished polishing the first batch of brass. Simply awesome! It is well built and should last a long time. The bearings and shafts are very sturdy. (Posted on 2/3/2014)
- Sweet Machine Review by TopDawg
- This is a great tumbler. The base is super sturdy and very well built. The larger shafts and drive bearings are very slick too! I love the black paint finish. I read that the red units are always rusting inside the drum and this one is painted inside so no worries there. I can see this thing lasting along time. (Posted on 1/15/2014)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $39.95
Special Price $29.95